QTUM is a cryptocurrency that has been making waves in the cryptocurrency industry. With its recent success, it’s no wonder why so many people are looking to buy some QTUM. But where can you find the best deals on this coin? This article will help you navigate through all of your options for buying QTUM.
The how to buy qtum cryptocurrency is a guide that will help you decide which option is the best for you.
So you’ve read our QTUM Ultimate Guide and think the project is on the rise. You’ll most likely have one basic query for which we’d want to provide an answer: how can I purchase QTUM? This post will provide you with a simple response along with a few alternatives, as well as the safest method to keep it.
Is it too late to invest in QTUM?
On the 24th of May 2017, QTUM was initially listed on the markets at a price of $6.42. It reached an all-time high of $106.33 on January 7, 2018. QTUM has retraced considerably since then, and is now trading far below its all-time high. We prefer to follow a simple guideline here at TotalCrypto: if a currency is at an all-time high, don’t purchase it. You can see how close QTUM is to its all-time high by visiting this page.
We conceive of returns as multiples of our original investment when investing in any cryptocurrency. It’s simple: the cheaper you can purchase off an all-time high, the more tokens you receive, and the higher the possible return multiples you can obtain. When it comes to these markets, one of the most significant variables is your entry point into a bitcoin investment.
In summary, it is not too late to invest in QTUM, since the initiative has just been open for about a year. The’s more essential is what price you’re paying for it.
In December 2017, our colleagues at AltCoinBuzz offered their views on QTUM’s pricing.
How Far Could QTUM Climb?
QTUM is a developer platform that is used to create decentralized apps. This places the project alongside Ethereum, NEO, EOS, Cardano, Lisk, and other cryptocurrencies. You may notice that all of these developer platforms have one trait: they all tend to dominate the top 100 most valued cryptocurrencies. They’re also well-represented in the top 20 or top ten cryptocurrencies. Developer platforms are one of the most lucrative types of bitcoin projects, if not the most valued.
We think that the cryptocurrency industry has a long way to go and that we are still in the early adopter stage. Who knows how much the bitcoin industry will be valued in another five years.
We’ll take Ethereum’s all-time high (ATH) and calculate how much QTUM would be valued if it had the same market capitalization.
QTUM is one of the more affordable developer platform options, and our Ultimate Guide to QTUM will explain why we are so enthusiastic about the project. In the end, it’s a question of whether you believe application developers would choose QTUM over alternative choices. We feel it is still early days, but when compared to other projects like as EOS, NEO, and Ethereum, we believe investors will be rewarded handsomely (if they get in at the right price).
How to Purchase QTUM – Our Top 3 Options Explained
We’ll show you three different methods to learn about QTUM in this tutorial. It is up to you to determine which choice is best for you.
- Our first choice will be excellent for people who do not already own any cryptocurrency and wish to acquire QTUM. Setting up accounts at Coinbase and a bitcoin exchange will be part of this procedure. Newcomers to the crypto market may find it intimidating, but we’ll teach you how to get started.
- Those who already possess bitcoin and want to trade directly may use our second method to purchase QTUM. We’ll tell you which exchange is the most convenient.
- The IQ OPTION CFD broker is our last option for getting exposure to QTUM. Anyone who wishes to purchase and sell QTUM with a single account or trade the cryptocurrency will find this useful. CFD stands for ‘Contract For Difference,’ and it is a QTUM-backed contract. This implies you are exposed to the asset’s price swings without having to buy it or store it yourself.
Purchasing QTUM Through Fiat
This approach is for you if you want to really own QTUM. You should also be aware that you will need to create a wallet in order to store your cryptocurrency. You may purchase it completely on the Changelly exchange by purchasing Bitcoin and exchanging it for QTUM.
However, we believe that the limited deposit limitations and high $16 per transaction bank fees are bad value. If you live in the United States, Canada, or Australia, the maximum transaction limit for your initial fiat deposit on Changelly is just $200, and it may be as low as $50. With greater deposit limits and lower relative costs, we believe that most investors would be better suited utilizing Coinbase. After all, it’s not much fun if you’re from the United States and can only deposit $50 at first, then have to pay a $16 bank charge. In this thorough tutorial, we go over all of Changelly’s fiat payment restrictions.
We understand that there may seem to be many procedures, but we will show you the simplest and most effective way to get QTUM.
Purchasing QTUM with a Cryptocurrency
Simply skip all of the Coinbase-related steps.
Sign Up For A Coinbase Account
The Basics of Coinbase
- Coinbase, the world’s most popular cryptocurrency exchange, was established in 2012 and has a long track record.
- Serious Backers: IVP, the venture capital company that participated in the most recent financing round, was an early investor in companies like Netflix and Twitter. Companies like the New York Stock Exchange are among the other investors.
- Simple to Use: Coinbase is known for its user-friendly UI. This makes it the ideal cryptocurrency exchange for beginners.
- Small Minimum Deposit: On Coinbase, you may deposit as little as €6 in bitcoins.
- Coinbase is a regulated cryptocurrency exchange, making it one of the few.
- Insurance and segregation of money: Customer funds are insured and separated. Customers in the United States are even covered up to a balance of $250,000.
- For US consumers, deposit methods include credit/debit card, bank transfer, and PayPal.
- Cryptocurrencies that may be traded include Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, and Litecoin.
- Email and FAQs are two methods of customer support.
Interested in investing more than $100 in QTUM via Coinbase? There’s good news! By joining up via Total Crypto, you will also get a $10 bonus!
Do you need assistance in creating an account? Just have a look at our in-depth Coinbase tutorial!
On Coinbase, you may buy Bitcoin or Ethereum.
Simply convert your fiat currency into Ethereum or Bitcoin after you’ve established your Coinbase account. Because the main QTUM markets on exchanges are QTUM/BTC or ETH, you’ll want to do this.
Coinbase’s quickest method to purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum
If you want to purchase Ethereum and Bitcoin on Coinbase with the lowest costs possible, check out our Coinbase tutorial. It does, however, take a little longer since you must move your money to Coinbase’s sibling exchange GDAX and purchase your bitcoin there instead. We strongly advise you to use GDAX to save money.
Proceed to the following step after you have your ETH or BTC in your Coinbase account.
How to Create a QTUM Wallet
We suggest utilizing the official QTUM wallet, which is available for free.
Congratulations on completing the task. Your QTUM wallet is ready to use, and you know where to send it: your receive wallet address.
Keeping Your QTUM in the Safest Possible Environment
The official wallet, which is available for free, is an excellent place to save your QTUM. Some investors, on the other hand, will be looking for the greatest security money can buy. A hardware wallet is the most secure method to keep your QTUM.
What factors contribute to the security of a hardware wallet? Hardware wallets maintain track of your private keys and protect them against keyloggers and phishing scams. In fact, you won’t even know your QTUM private key if you use a hardware wallet, making it almost impossible for it to be disclosed to the outside world.
The Ledger Nano S supports QTUM and comes with its own QTUM app. In the bitcoin world, Ledger wallets are widely regarded for their high levels of security. We use one to store our QTUM personally and highly suggest it.
94.80 € (including European tax and free shipping)
Do you need assistance setting up your Ledger? Take a look at our step-by-step instructions.
Register for a Changelly account.
You must exchange your Bitcoin or Ethereum for QTUM in order to invest in it. You’ll need an exchange for this, which is where Changelly comes in. We picked Changelly because we believe it is the most user-friendly of all the exchanges that provide QTUM. As previously stated, you may purchase Bitcoin straight via Changelly, bypassing the Coinbase stage altogether. While it is faster, it does not provide the greatest value for money. What matters to you the most?
Facts about Changelly:
- Changelly is a large decentralized exchange with over 1.5 million registered users.
- The exchange has a large selection of cryptos, with over 65 to choose from.
- User-Friendly: They’ve made it simple to use decentralized.
- Buy Bitcoin with a credit card: Visa and Mastercard are both accepted.
- Trust: Minergate is backed by a large community and was created by the Minergate team (a BTC miner pool from all the way back in 2013). Partnerships with well-known wallets like as Jaxx and Coinomi have been formed.
- Support: The easiest method to reach out to Changelly is through email at email@example.com. Expect this to take a long time, as with most trades.
- Changelly does not charge any fees for sending your bitcoin to your wallet, unlike other cryptocurrency exchanges.
Do you want to purchase QTUM on the world’s most popular decentralized crypto exchange?
Do you need assistance with setting up your Changelly account? That is something for which we have a guide!
Purchasing Through Changelly
The first thing you should do is go to the Changelly site (when logged into your account). Choose your coin, then enter the amount you want to exchange and QTUM as the cryptocurrency you’ll get. Finally, just choose the exchange option.
After that, you’ll get a screen that confirms the transaction information. This contains details such as the price you’ll pay, the quantity of QTUM you’ll get, and the anticipated time of delivery.
Enter the address where you’d like to receive your wallet.
You should have previously set up your QTUM wallet and have access to your receive wallet address from the previous step. Simply put your wallet address into this box.
Confirming The Transaction
The transaction information will then appear on a screen. It’s critical that you double-check your recipient wallet address. Simply click confirm if you are satisfied.
Bringing The Trade To A Close
After that, you’ll receive payment instructions for exchanging your cryptocurrency for QTUM. In this example, we’ll utilize Ethereum, therefore to execute our purchase, we’ll just transfer 1 Ethereum to the address shown on the screen. Within 30 minutes of sending, your QTUM should be in your wallet.
If you have Bitcoin or Ethereum on Coinbase and want to transfer it to Changelly, here’s how:
- Go to Coinbase’s ‘Accounts’ page after logging in.
- Select the coin you want to send and press the send button.
- In the ‘Recipient’ wallet address box, paste the Changelly send address and the amount you wish to withdraw.
- After clicking send, your cryptocurrency will be transferred to Changelly.
- Simply sit back and wait for your QTUM to arrive in your bank account.
The Quick and Easy Way to Buy and Sell QTUM
Have you read through the techniques above and concluded that they are too time consuming? Alternatively, do you wish to exchange QTUM? If that’s the case, we have the ideal solution for you. A contract for difference broker is IQ Option. In a nutshell, you will not own or be required to store QTUM directly. Instead, you’re purchasing and selling QTUM-backed contracts. This means you just need one account to have full exposure to the QTUM price, and you don’t have to worry about storage.
The Advantages of the IQ Option
- IQ Option, unlike other cryptocurrency exchanges, is regulated.
- In comparison to Coinbase, there is just a far broader range of deposit alternatives. If you want to invest in QTUM utilizing Skrill or Neteller as a payment option, IQ Option is the place to go.
- Customer service at IQ Option is much superior than those of other cryptocurrency exchanges.
- You don’t have to bother about crypto storage concerns like setting up wallets with CFD brokers like IQ Option.
Factors to Consider When Choosing an IQ Option
- IQ Option is a company that was established in 2013.
- Global Footprint – With 231 countries served and counting, IQ Option has a truly global presence. With over 25 million registered users, you can be certain that you are dealing with one of the world’s biggest CFD brokers.
- Cryptocurrencies that can be traded – IQ Option offers the widest variety of crypto currencies of any CFD broker we’ve seen. Ripple, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Neo, Stellar, EOS, Dash, Ethereum Classic, Tron, OmiseGo, Qtum, Zcash, and Bitcoin Gold are among these cryptocurrencies. As a result, IQ Option is an excellent option for anybody interested in investing in a broader variety of cryptocurrencies.
- IQ Option has the lowest minimum deposit requirement, allowing anybody to engage in bitcoin trading. By a country mile, it has the lowest minimum deposit limit of any CFD broker.
- Deposit Methods – Visa, Visa Electron, Maestro, Mastercard, wire transfer, CashU, Skrill Netller, Webmoney, iDeal, Fasa Pay, and Boleto are all supported by IQ Option.
- Customer service options include phone, mail, and email.
Does IQ Option appeal to you? Now is the time to get cracking on the IQ Option!
RISK WARNING: YOUR CAPITAL MAY BE IN JEOPARDY.
General Risk Warning: The company’s financial products involve a high degree of risk and may result in the total loss of your money. Never put money into an investment that you can’t afford to lose.
Do you need assistance in comprehending trading?
If you’re interested in trading QTUM via IQ Option but don’t know where to start, we suggest reading our Day Trading Cryptocurrency 101 Guide.
To further assist you, we suggest reading our in-depth essay on Technical Analysis and Trading Strategies.
Before you place your first trade with a CFD broker like IQ Option, it’s critical that you understand what you’re doing. After all, you’re gambling with real money.
That’s all there is to it; now you know how to purchase QTUM and the many choices accessible to you. It is entirely up to you whether or not you invest in QTUM and whatever method you choose to do it. The TotalCrypto Team will be keeping a close eye on the QTUM project, and we are enthusiastic about its prospects.
To be completely transparent, we do own QTUM and consider it a long-term investment.
Further Reading: Do you want to learn more about QTUM? We suggest that you go through our in-depth guide to the project.
DISCLAIMER: The activity of the cryptoassets discussed in this paper is uncontrolled. This post is not intended to provide financial advice. Always do independent research.
The qtum wallet is the official wallet for the Qtum cryptocurrency. It allows users to store, send and receive QTUM coins.
- where to buy qtum
- buy qtum coinbase
- can you buy qtum on robinhood
- qtum price